What makes an employer most sought after? What employer incentives attract employees?
Here are some:
- Provides a healthy work culture
- Presents opportunities of career growth
- Supports work-life balance
- Provides a stable, secure workplace with substantial retention rate and job security
- Competitive compensation, benefits and recognition for good work
And to sum it all you love working for a good employer.
“Salaries are a good thing, but it’s all about the feeling on the part of the employee that they’re part of the whole experience,” says Dennis Foster, vice president of enterprise technology planning and engineering and architecture at Washington-based Marriott International Inc., No. 19 on the list of best companies in IT in 2006.
Specific policies and philosophies that have made the Livonia, Mich.-based company the No. 1 place to work for two years running (see the full list of 100 Best Places to Work). Workers say they value their ability to take ownership of ideas and projects. They also like the flexible environment that helps them balance home and work. And they enjoy the collaborative atmosphere.
Recently, the $12 billion Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla group was judged the Hewitt Best Employer of India in 2007.
The two trends that sparkled through the employees’ survey were:
- Upwardly mobile employees seem to prefer challenges rather than a life time employment guarantee.
- Remuneration also was not the driving factor in the overall scheme for employees. Employees seemed to prefer assignments that led them to bigger roles in organizations over bigger pay packets.