For those not familiar with Twitter – it is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? (Source: Twitter )
Read recently somewhere – is Twitter the next Monster (the well known job search site); sure, it can very well be, and quite a personal one too. The web is evolving and the present recession can offer different opportunities for companies to diversify and expand their horizons to meet the customers needs. Sure enough this social media website can help you in your job search. Here are some tips:
- Quite a few companies now have their twitter sites or presence. If you are interested in those that are there and you might get some relevant tweets when the open positions are announced.
- Quite often someone you know on Twitter might tweet an internal job opening or someone you do not know may be ‘retweeted’ for a freelance position that suits your qualification. Also know who to follow, search for recruiters or career experts who post advertised or internal job openings and add them to your follow list.
- Follow the job boards and the career experts and you have some great free job search and career advice in less than 140 characters and some latest links come your way almost instantly as they are published. Fresh, crisp information right from the oven.
- And now you have the Twitter Job Search engine! Just type in a search query and see which jobs have been posted recently on Twitter. You can also add jobs on this website. Cool.
Some Retargets on Twitter Job Search Tips
- And right now there are many articles online on this very topic (I just found out as I googled the titled). One of the very best advice comes on Mashable from Sarah Evans.
- Another good article is here Twitter: the new way to find a job
- Although Twitter may seem like a simple application but there are many features which can be used to your benefit, Darren Rowse has a great website on twitter tips – TwiTip, browse to discover how to use Twitter.
Yes, I am on Twitter too. Follow me on twitter.